Friday, October 8, 2010

Holy High Price Imposter! From the pages of fashion mags to the aisles of Target.

Rewind three weeks ago. Magazines featured spread after spread of fabulous fall boots. As I flip through, giving each pair the thumbs up / thumbs down in my head, I stop and stare. My focus stuck on a beautiful pair of tan and tall Steve Maddens with an unexpected accent of red fabric on the zipper that runs up the back. I longed to own them…unfortunately I also longed to have the expendable income with which to purchase them. Fast forward a week. My days off of work are inevitably full of cleaning and hanging up all the clothes that have found a temporary home on the floor of my closet. This particular day I was spending a little more time than usual on the task unpacking my fall/winter clothes only to come up short on hangers. While en route to Target I figured the apparel and footwear sections deserved a quick walk through. I believe my facebook status went something like “Holy crap Target ripped off the Steve Maddens I have been drooling over!” These affordable beauties have quickly become my skinny jean go-to, even for work. That says something for someone who spends eight hours a day five days a week running around a sales floor like a madwoman. After a plethora of compliments on them, I decided it would be a good idea to share my find with the rest of the world. Enjoy the footwear doppelganger below. You never know what kind of treasure you’ll find if you veer off your shopping course only a couple aisles. ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment